IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Blessings

E-mail Print PDF

The object of our worship is God Matt. 4:10). One of the reasons we should worship Him is because He has blessed us with all blessings. This includes blessings that are both physical and spiritual.
 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17). Of physical blessings, we are here reminded that all are ours to receive and enjoy because of God. The food we eat, the clothes on our back and the air that we breathe are bestowed upon us by our Heavenly Father. We are the recipients of the warm rays of the sun, the rain that waters the earth and even of life itself. "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills"  (Psa. 50:10). It all belongs to God and He shares it with us.
Verse 11 of the same Psalm continues: "I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine." Man often thinks himself to be so self-sufficient. He surrounds himself with the treasures of earth. Enjoying good health he may think that he is really in control. However, notice verse 12 of this Psalm: "If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fullness thereof." Contrary to what some worldlings may think, humanity will not be hearing a plea from God for any assistance. What did the verse declare? "If I were hungry, I would not tell thee."
 We know not the future. The economy is obviously transforming world-wide. As food sources and their supply change, it may be that folks who once believed they had no need for God will decide to appeal to or worship He who owns "the cattle upon a thousand hills." Again, it seems that when men are prosperous and all is going well, we are prone to forget where our blessings come from. The Psalm continues "Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High" (Psa. 50:13-14). God has no dependence upon humanity but rather we, as humanity, are dependent upon God. We should honor Him and daily express our thanksgiving.
Of spiritual blessings, the Apostle Paul was inspired to write: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Eph. 1:3). This is a wonderful verse that provides tremendous promise, hope and comfort to those of us who are Christians. Sometimes, our earthly bodies are gripped by such physical disease that we lose our appetite. We just quit eating. The physical blessing of daily bread and its nourishment cannot be received or enjoyed. Such was the case with my late father-in-law. However, though bro. Dee could not truly enjoy the blessing of physical sustenance in his last days, there was something which he and his family took great comfort in-spiritual blessings! My father-in-law was in Christ! He had obeyed the gospel in New Testament baptism long years ago. He was faithful to the Lord and he loved to worship God. He could, as all faithful Christians, enjoy the spiritual blessing of being able to look with assurance for a blessed, peaceful rest in heavenly places! He vocalized that hope to me in our last conversation by saying, "I'll look forward to seeing you on down the road!" I can and do anticipate such a reunion.
Yes, "on down the road" there is a blessed reunion that can and will come to fruition for all Christians who die faithful (Rev. 2:10). "The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" "hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." Friend, God will withhold no spiritual blessing from those who are in Christ and stay attached to His life-giving vine. May we find great comfort in the blessing of such promise. Thank you Lord for your blessings! -454 Wilson Hill Rd, Readyville, Tennessee 37149

Translate

Our Friends

User Login