IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Genuine Love

E-mail Print PDF

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). Jesus gave His life a ransom for our sins. The love of Christ was genuine! That is a word that we today need to identify with. Our Saviour's love was genuine. We live in a world that is in many ways, counterfeit. So we need to work at identifying with our Sav­iour's love for the church and for all humanity. Young and old alike need to incorporate a genuine love for the church and for all that is right and good.  Genuine" is defined as that which is authentic, real, sincere and honest. It is not fake. One genuine believer is worth more than a thou­sand individuals who are  counterfeit in their spiritual service to the Lord! A counterfeit or fake believer will not enter heaven. Jesus said in Mat­thew 12:30, "He that is not with me is against me."
That leaves the frauds and those who delight in deceit and deception that leaves such folks against the Lord.
Such genuine adoration is also needed in the institution of marriage. We need to have a genuine love for our mates. As husbands and wives, our relationships should be such that honest observers can see unions that reveal deep and lasting roots. "Hus­bands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it" (Eph. 5:25). One of the main ways that the love of Christ can and should be seen is in our homes. As a gospel preacher I could preach great, powerful sermons but still fail miserably before my fellow man and before the God of heaven if I do not labor to love my wife "as Christ loved the church." Our sons and our daughters can more easily see and appreciate the true love of Christ if they have the bless­ing of growing up in a home where their parents obey and live by what is taught in the above verse. In the main, the world will not manifest such. As Christian mates, when we truly identify with genuine, authentic adoration, our love for each other will
grow stronger with time.
Remember the vows? "I promise before God and man to love and cherish her, to provide for her and stand with her. I promise to stand with her in sickness and health, for better or for worse, and for rich or for poor! I promise to lovingly lead as an example of the husband God would have me to be. I promise to have and to hold these vows from this day forward. I further promise to build our life in love, forsaking all others till death do us part-So help me God!" Do we remember the vows?
Friend, through obedience to God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son we can be happy in our marriages and we can have lasting, meaningful relationships. The years should serve to strengthen our adoration for each other as husbands and wives. They will if our love is genuine; that is, real, authentic, sincere and honest!

Translate

Our Friends

User Login