IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The Light Articles from 2011 Revelation to Man - the Bible

Revelation to Man - the Bible

E-mail Print PDF

I I an can be nurtured emotionally and spiritually if he will have a diligent trust in the Jehovah God of the Bible and His great abilities. God abilities can fill the mighty voids in man's life that lend to the worries and emptiness of his own lack of power and strength. Knowing the greatness of God, the Hebrew writer questioned out loud why would God even deal with man who is so worth­less without God's help?
Heb 2:6: "But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him ? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? "
Why would God even be burdened with the people of this earth seeing all the rebellion and lack of reveren­tial honor and respect they have to­ward Him? Simple. God's love for man is not like man's feelings for God in the most part.
Isa 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,  neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
lTim2:4. "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." Many writers have been perplexed by God's willingness to help and preserve man in so many ways. Why would God seemingly waste His time on those He can surely get along without?
2Ch 6:18: "But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!"
In so many ways there is a glaring difference between God and man. Man's knowledge, strength, and frame cannot be compared to God's in any way. In looking at man's abili­ties as compared to God's, Job's re­cord says it well.
Job 25:6: "How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm? " Why would God treat men in a way that men most of the time will not treat Him? Much of God's time is wasted when it comes to man fulfill­ing the purpose for which God made him. The prophet of old shared this timely consideration of what most men will do and have done.
Isa 53:6: "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
One of the blessings of the writers of the Bible is they can make a good and clear evaluation of who man is versus who God is. The Holy Spirit helped them capture the weakness, sinfulness, and helplessness of all humanity, while giving an accurate summation of the power and great­ness of the Almighty God of the Bible.
Isa 40:17: "All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity."
Isa 40:21-26: "Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the begin­ning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretches out the heavens as a curtain, and spreads them out as a tent to
dwell in: That brings the princes to nothing; he makes the judges of the earth as vanity. Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble. To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that brings out their host by num­ber: he calls them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one fails. "
The "all" abilities of God under­score His might in areas man can only feel his helplessness and inade­quacies. This should magnetize all men to be drawn to God and His rightful position. How miserable we are or would be if we had no way to be saved, no forgiveness of sins, no hope for resurrection from the cold grip of death, and no opportunity for reunion after death's threshold sepa­rates us from past loved ones. Yet there is great assurance in who God is, what He does, what He has done, and what He can and will do.
1. God Can Not Lie—Great news for the saint but bad for the sinner. How hurtful and disappointing it is for someone to lie to us or on us. We just wish all would be totally truthful with us all the time don't we? Well God is that special one that will not lie no matter what.
ISam.   15:29:   
"And  also   the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
Num. 23:19-"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
2 Tim. 2:13: "If we believe not, yet he abides faithful: he cannot deny himself. "
Titus 1:2: "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, prom­ised before the world began. " In that God can not lie, it makes this beautiful powerful point
-"God can not be wrong," all information from God is absolutely correct and positively sure. What He thinks and believes is true for He can not lie. If you asked God any question, He could give you the absolute correct answer for He can not lie.
2. All Things Are Possible with God. One does not have to live long in this life to realize they as well as all other men have great limitations. The limitations of man
are not to be considered as limitations to God. Mark 10:26-27: "Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, with men it is impossi­ble, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." This declaration of our Lord al­lows us to view the vastness of God's abilities. God can meet any and every need of man. Many areas of our life are void of man's ability to meet that need, yet there are no areas in which God can not perfectly meet all of our needs. Since all things are possible with God, if God had a will to share with mankind, He certainly would be able to share that with all men since "all things are possible with God."
God did have a will to share with man in the garden and He shared it. He had a will to share with the Israel­ites at Horeb and he shared it. He also then was capable of sharing with man the greatest will of all—the New Testament, and we have that will today. Does man need a divine reve­lation from God concerning his sal­vation?
Yes. Jeremiah 10:23: "OLord, I know that the way of man is not in him­self: it is not in man that walks to direct his steps." Man can not save himself thus needs the help of one who can. Who can raise the dead or build his own heaven? God only can save man. God only can give man eternal life. God only can raise all the dead and will do such. God only can build a heaven and provide eternal living for the saved. God only can bind Satan and his captured souls and place them in hell.
Since "all things are possible with God" it is then true that God can reveal to man a plan by which man can be saved. God can reveal a plan that all can understand, all can con­form to, and by it all can be saved.
Next time, Lord willing, we will look at points about the will that God has shared with man. Hell is not a cool thing to invest your eternity in. -582 Murry Kittrell Rd, Readyville, TN 37149

Translate

Our Friends

User Login