IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The Light Articles from 2011 Christian Integrity

Christian Integrity

E-mail Print PDF

Integrity simply means, "the quality of sound moral principle, up­rightness, honesty, and   sincerity." 

We cannot maintain our Christian integrity if we condone what God condemns. The apostle Paul wrote, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteous­ness... Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishon­our their own bodies between them­selves...For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections (pas­sions) for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recom­pense of their error which was meet...Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them" (Rom. 1:18,24, 26,27,32).

Certainly any one who reads the first chapter of Romans can under­stand without doubt that Paul teaches that the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against those who turn from their proper relationship to the Creator, holding down the truth of God, and practicing idolatry. Being guilty of this, Paul says God gives them over to impure lusts, which certainly dishonors their bodies. I believe God was very displeased with such acts. It was a direct rebel­lion against God's will even from the creation of man. When God made man, He also made a woman for man and not man for man.

I wish to deal with the subject of homosexuality which is accepted in most every human culture. Paul re­garded it as the evidence of degener­acy that caused God in His wrath to give up the nations. Perhaps the first mention of it goes back to Lot and the well known cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, some four thousand years ago. Sodomy was a great sin then and still is wildly raging in our nation. "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with woman kind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the na­tions are defiled which I cast out before you" (Lev. 18:22,23). Again, in Lev.20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them shall be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Surely God's verdict on homosexual­ity is inescapably clear.

I read of a Metropolitan Commu­nity Church largely made up of ho­mosexuals who had its headquarters in Los Angeles and has 10 congrega­tions and mission stations, and con­tinues to send out missionaries to organize new churches throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. If this can be done and accepted, why could­n't there be adultery and fornication churches organized? Why discrimi­nate?

In the beginning what did God think about homosexuality? Note: when God created the world He es­tablished a fundamental distinction within the human race-"MALE AND FEMALE created He them" (Gen. 1:27, 5:2). God's purpose and plan was for sexual relations to be in the form of a man/woman union; man and wife in marriage becoming "'one flesh" (Gen.2:24).

I insist homosexuals are made, not born. It is not God's given identity. Again, I say, we cannot maintain our Christian integrity if we condone what God condemns. Homosexuality violates the moral standards of God and is destructive to our nation and is in opposition to the best interest of our youth. It is hard to believe any one would adjust human wisdom with the authority God gave us to guide our lives. What is at stake is not gay rights, but "God's rights." Never accept the notion that Chris­tianity and homosexuality are com­patible. God forbid!! It brings de­struction to the home and dishonor to God. It seems we have a new-born Sodom and Gomorrah.

Translate

Our Friends

User Login