IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Death

E-mail Print PDF

Bro. Hogland has passed, but while liv­ing wrote occasionally for The Light. He and sis. Ruth were an encouragement to us in this work. God bless their memory.

The fulfillment of Jesus' mission is so detailed that it is beyond question, for he came to serve, he died to save. He burst the bars of that prison grave. Why?? To go home. Even in the journeys of this fleshly life-the sweetest part is always going home. Therefore we should not weep for those whom we have learned to love and respect in this life such as brother Fred Kirbo, Lowell Johnson, Woodard Clouse, H.E. Robertson and A.E. Cogburn who have an­swered the clarion call of the Master. But before the Savior was wafted away in the clouds of heaven, he paused to comfort and assure those who remained in his vineyard here below. "Let not your heart be trou­bled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house   are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and pre­pare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:1-3).

Yes, he is coming again in the clouds of heaven to claim his own and take them home to be with the redeemed of all ages. But listen folks, there is not one word that suggests to me he will ever set foot on this old earth again. Neither does it teach that when he comes again he is going to set up an earthly kingdom and liter­ally reign a thousand years. There is not a more dangerous doctrine afloat in the land today because it gives men and women, boys and girls a false sense of security and also a false hope and expectation.

Translate

Our Friends

User Login