IMACHRISTIAN.NET

...the churches of Christ salute you! Rom 16:16

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The Light Articles from 2011 Why Consider God?

Why Consider God?

E-mail Print PDF

Part 2

Opposing God Is Evil

God has never been surprised when an opposes him. He knew man would do so and told of the needs of man's soul. This is seen by the giv­ing of the Lamb of God for sacrifice of the sins of the world. Rev. 13:8 -"of the Lamb slain from the founda­tion of the world. "

God was not taken by surprise by the rebellion and disobedience of mankind. Although this is true, that opposition is quite serious. God iden­tifies this opposition as "evil."

Num. 14:35 - "I the Lord have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me:"

To oppose God is evil. This shows a distrust of God's mind on any given subject. This is an old response of man to God's Word. It is still very much a part of the devil's temptation today. Therefore, we all must guard against such dealings with our God and the blood-bought will and testa­ment of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Acts 7:51 - "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Recognizing this problem, Christ taught men to pray for God's help to overcome evil.

Mt 6:13 - "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. "

The seriousness of evil is seen in the fact that there will be a day of accounting for the lives and actions of man. There will be a day of judg­ment. Man must meet his Maker and give an account of his doings.

God Punishes Evil Doers

Many facts and truths are seen as established by God in His dealings with the first family on earth—Adam and Eve. There we see God identifies the seriousness and results of disobe­dience. From their innocence to com­mitting sin, Adam and Eve were driven away from God into a world of death and dying. Curses resulted and death touched the world on every corner. What a beautiful picture was destroyed by the sins of man and woman.

Gen. 3:19 - "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. "

We see God did not change His mind about evil when Cain also con­tinued to show man's ability to choose the wrong way.

Gen. 4:11-13- "And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than 1 can bear. "

"God punishes evil doers " is still a true statement. We can see God consistently punishing evil doers in the generations after Adam, Cain, etc. The whole world learned of God's faithfulness to punish evil when the flood destroyed those in its day.

Gen. 6:10-13 - "And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. "

We then move several hundred years past the flood and see God has not changed His mind about punishing evil doers. Look at the people He chose to place His name among-Israel. They too wrought evil and God again said by His actions- "Evil does not pay."

Num. 32:13 - uAnd the Lord's anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the Lord, was consumed. "

1 Kings 9:9 - "And they shall answer, Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the Lord brought upon them all this evil. "

We could tell of many more but God has also warned us, there is a reward and payback for the lives we live and the seeds we sow here in this life.

Dan.l2:2- "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and

some to shame and everlasting con­tempt. "

John 12:48- "He that rejects me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. "

Heb. 9:27 - "And as it is ap­pointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. "

John 5:25-29 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Fa­ther hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in him­self; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resur­rection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. "

Rom. 2:16 - "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

2 Pet.2:9 "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of tempta­tions, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished."

2 Cor. 5:10 - "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, accord­ing to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. "

Considering God has been a bless­ing to man thru the ages, friend, let it be so in your own life. We will all face Him. Therefore let us love Him today and every day so we can rest among the redeemed of all ages. Conclusion

God is to be considered for many reasons. Those reasons are both tem­poral and eternal in nature. There is never a good time to "do our own thing." Our actions are also our seeds for harvest. Sowing is directly tied together with the harvest. Our harvest is not only eternal, but also temporal and we will face the harvest of all the seeds we sow.  May we consider them wisely and never sow any that we would not like to see sprout and grow.

From the Book

I got it from the book, that's why I know it's so,

There is no better place, to which that

I may go.

It has divine wisdom, God's own mind is known,

It gives the end of harvest, it shows

the seeds man's sown.

So if the best is wanted, by you and me today,

God's Holy Book, the Bible, will be

the final say!

-582 Murry Kit Rd, Readyville, TN 3 7149

Translate